After a mind-bending Day #1 @jQueryTO – even #FirstWorldProblems like learning “the hard way” the pain of form versus function and that it might be about time to trade in my Nexus S for a Nexus 4 (thx Adam!), or even a Nexus 7 (thx Ian!) – I decided to compile my choices for Day #2:
|jQueryTO: day #2/2|
- State of jQuery UI, with Scott González
- The Holy Grail: Client and Server, with Tim Branyen
- An ambitious talk discussing the holy grail of accessible web application development. Discussing CommonJS, RequireJS, and Backbone complications and solutions to sharing. An example application will be discussed and structure explained. Even if you are not interested in sharing code with the server, techniques and structure presented will be useful for any application in any framework.
- AngularJS just ain’t just another MVC framework… with Pearl Chen
- The Dev Process—collaborating with designers, prototyping, & how to +1 your dev knowledge while at work, with Monika Piotrowicz
- We’ve all been to conferences where we’re filled with ideas and inspiration, only to come back to work and be forced to put them all aside. Deadlines loom, designs change, and we still need some research time before we can confidently implement that "cool new thing" we saw. Using practical examples, this talk will introduce a process that supports on-the-job dev learning by alleviating these strains. This collaborative process brings developers into projects sooner, builds in research and prototyping time, and is centered around continuous communication with designers and clients. This talk will dispell the myth that process is a dirty word. Instead, it will demonstrate that a well-developed process can push technical boundaries, enhance working relationships, and increase the quality of your applications, all while maintaining dev sanity.
- Offline Mobile Web App Architecture & Design, with Boaz Sender
- In this talk I’ll step through mobile web application architecture with a focus on minimizing data transactions, and managing client-side state for offline-able apps. This is a framework agnostic talk where the focus is on application flow and design philosophy.
- Scaling Backbone.js Applications With Marionette.js, with Derick Bailey
- Fixing Broken Windows: 10 small things that will instantly improve your project, with Sam Breed
- Developing with Grunt, with Dan Heberden
- The 2013 Frontend Disapora, with Paul Irish
See you tomorrow!